Suzuki Motorcycle India Pvt. Ltd. has announced the launch of the first offering of the Burgman series to Indian Market i.e. the Burgman Street 125, on 19 July. In the international markets, the Burgman series is powered by engines with displacements from 125 cc to 600 cc. As of now, only the 125 cc offering will be launched in India. The scooter is expected to be priced around INR 60,500 (ex-showroom, Delhi) which is about INR 5,000 more than the Access 125.
Some of the Suzuki fans expected a larger displacement model and hence the question arises whether the Burgman Street 125 will also be an under-powered yet overdesigned product like the Suzuki Intruder 150? Well, we leave it to your judgement as of now coz we do not wish to comment until we take a test ride ourselves.
Here are 5 things you should know about the Burgman Street 125-
- It has maxi-scooter styling with prominent & imposing front inspired from bigger siblings in international market.
- Following the Burgman DNA, this scooter gets step seat assembly which is wide enough and comfortable. As it has a bigger seat, it also has sufficient room for under-seat storage.
- It is the first Suzuki scooter to get full LED headlamps & taillamps and completely digital instrument cluster.
- The scooter also features multi-function key slot and a 12 V charging point.
- It will be powered by the same engine as the Access 125 i.e. 124.3 cc engine capable of producing 8.6 HP @ 6,500 rpm and peak torque of 10.2 Nm @ 5,000 rpm.